LOOS FOR DOs COVID-19
by Abi Philp, 12th March 2020
LOOS FOR DOs continue to monitor the coronavirus developments closely via the official government websites and we receive daily updates and advice from our Trade Associations—namely the National Outdoor Events Association (NOEA), Event Hire Association (EHA) and Portable Sanitation Europe (PSE) and are following all necessary procedures and protocols to protect our staff and clients during these unprecedented times.
Some of our Clients are still going ahead with their outdoor events in accordance with Government guidelines and health and safety advice whilst others are looking to postpone events to later this summer. Whatever your situation please contact us if you have concerns or would like to discuss the extra measures that can be put in place for your event.
HOW LOOS FOR DOs CAN HELP YOU:
- Isolation units for Business- allowing staff/ departments and customers to to remain in different areas of your premises to minimise the spread of the COVID-19 virus and maximise business continuity..
- Isolation units for home- short term hire of plastic loos are a cost-effective way for families.
- All units will be supplied with ample hand sanitiser or hot water and soap for the duration of the hire.
- We can provide extra supplies of toilet roll, paper hand towels and hand soap/sanitiser in addition to regular deep cleaning and servicing of the units as required.
- For event specific up to date information from the Event Hire Association regarding events please CLICK HERE
- This blog also has really useful guidelines from the World Health Organisation regarding Mass Gatherings in the context of COVID-19 which we recommend you read if you are planning a large-scale event: WHO Key Planning Recommendations for Mass Gatherings in context of COVID-19 – Published 14 Feb 2020
WHAT LOOS FOR DOs HAVE DONE:
We can also confirm that:
- We have conducted full staff and client risk assessments and have taken action to ensure that we operate with best practice at the forefront of
everything we do to protect both our staff and customers.
- All staff have received training and communications regarding COVID-19 including the good hygiene practices that we must all adhere to.
- Visitors to our company premises must adhere to our strict criteria prior to entry.
- All our Health & Safety policies, HR documentation, staff comms and emergency procedures for COVID-19 have been published and communicated to key staff should the need arise. We have contingency plans in place, including remote working for office staff and a satellite depot to ensure that we continue to operate smoothly with the least possible disruption to our clients’ events over the coming weeks.
Updated event-specific Risk Assessments can also be provided on request from LOOS FOR DOs for clients with confirmed events.