#LOOCREW Marathon Top Toilet Tips
The nerves, the apprehensions and the excitement of running in a large- scale event can often be overtaken by the fear of the unknown. #LOOCREW have decided to pop together our top tips for Marathon portable toilets, making sure that you are never caught short!
Having both run a vast number of marathons and half marathons as well as supplying toilets & showers to these events (both locally and nationally) we think should let you know what works for us.
- Before the event head to the event website, most organisers will pop some instruction in regard to course toilets as well as course maps for the larger races (such as London Marathon and Brighton Marathon). If you have a chance it is worth trying to familiarise yourself with the start village, so you don’t waste time trying to find the bag drop or toilets.
- On arrival at the race find the toilet facilities early, this is very unlikely to be your final visit! Never rush to the first few toilets as human nature dictates to take the easiest option. Megan Head (Sales) #LOOCREW tip- Head further into the toilet banks to find the loos that are often in the best nick. Remember you are looking for the green gauge of the lock- these are available loos to use.
- If you are a chap many races will now offer portable urinal stations which do reduce the queues and allow a quick toilet stop for the men. Please use these as this speed the loo queues up for the ladies!
4. Prior to the race with the nerves you may find that you need to head to the portable toilets once again. This is very normal. Keep an eye on the clock as there is likely to be queues, there will be a lot of you in the same situation. Ed Warner (Director) #LOOCREW tip: Flush the toilet prior to use as you will find the second flush a lot easier.
5. During the race focus on your running. The toilet stations will often be situated next to water stations which allows you to take 1 break in the race. If you feel that you may need to go we would always suggest to go! During marathons, half marathons and ultras you may find that there is a good chunk of running prior to the next portable toilet block. Our eco toilets are all stocked with ample loo roll and hand sanitiser to allow as quick comfort break.
Once over the finish line there will still be loos to use, and don’t worry even if you are not the fastest runner we always ensure that there’s enough toilets for everyone to use once they have finished.
Hopefully this may help settle the nerves and as a multi award winning toilet hire company you can trust us! If you are a race organiser and would like our expertise then please get in touch to see how #LOOCREW can help -0845 123 2901 or contact us.