#LOOCREW Surviving the Festival Loo- from the LOO EXPERTS
By Abi Philp, September 2019
At LOOS FOR DOs we pride ourselves in supplying some of the very best UK Festivals with our festival loos and showers. Over the summer months in the UK we are fortunate to have hundreds of fabulous festivals. From small family events such- Wickham Festival and Wey Fest to Victorious, Boomtown and TruckFest.
Having done this for a number of years- the LOO ANGELS at LOOS FOR DOs are in the very best position to advice the DOs and DON’Ts of festival toilets.
THE FESTIVAL DOs:
- Always pack wet wipes. Not only useful in the loos but perfect to refresh, clean up spillages and remove festival glitter
- Make sure the queue has checked that the loos are locked! This is a real bug bear of the LOO ANGELS, the UK public just love to queue. Make sure that the toilets are all in use- remember red for locked. If the lock shows green/ yellow/ white this is GO GO GO!
- Timing is essential- the busy times for the loos will always be between bands. So, if there is a band you can cope without seeing pop to the loo then. You will find the queues a lot more manageable.
- Leave your phone and drink with a friend. It is always much safer.
- Look for where #LOOCREW are. Throughout the day they will re stock and clean loos. If you see them cleaning a loo, wait a moment, the reward of a clean stocked loo will be worth it. If you have the budget- consider the upgrade options. The difference between a portable loo and a luxury trailer is often worth the wrist band price. Especially if you are camping!
THE FESTIVAL DOn’ts:
- Don’t leave your litter in the loo! This only creates a horrible experience fo the next person, but also can cause blockages. Loos are not massive fans of pint glasses!
- Similar to the above- don’t flush leggings, knickers…! Yep we find it all!
- Think about your phone location- don’t leave it in a back pocket as this is only going one-way ladies! Also the area next to the loo seat is not a safe phone location. It is very easy for a phone to slip under the toilet seat here- again… not where you want your phone to go!
Don’t let toilets and showers put you off Festivals. They are part and parcel of the experience. #LOOCREW work tirelessly to make sure loos have loo roll and are as clean as possible.
Follow the LOO ANGELS simple tips and you will have the best summer of festivals!