Frequently Asked Questions about Hire
We try and keep everything as clear as possible so there is no nasty surprises when you work with us! Have a gander through the questions below before you pick up the phone as we may be able to answer it here for you. If not call #LOOCREW on 0845 123 2901 or CONTACT US here.
1. How many loos will I need for my event?
Your best bet is to use the LOO CALCULATOR which will give you both our recommendations alongside the Purple Guide’s recommendations.
If your event is a multi day event please just give the team a call or whizz an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will chat through the various options with you
2. When will you deliver and collect?
We will contact you a week prior to your event with a 2 hour delivery window (unless otherwise agreed with LOOS FOR DOs). You are able to accept this time slot or request a change. We cannot guarantee that we can change slots but we will do our best to ensure that we work with you to find a solution.
Transport is based on weekday delivery and as a rule this is Wednesday/ Thursday/ Friday and collection is Monday/ Tuesday. Out of hours transport and set delivery/ collection is available but will incur additional charges.
For portable toilet deliveries/ collections you do not need to be there, simply leave a mark where you would like to the loo placed and we will do the rest.
3. Where should I position the unit(s)?
#LOOCREW will do our very best to ensure that the loos & showers are positioned where you want them, however there are a few rules that we ask you to consider before choosing the location.
- The first is that you have space for a 4×4 vehicle towing a trailer (please check on the OUR LOOS page for the exact dimensions of each unit). As a guide we will need 9ft width and 12ft height clearance for all luxury units.
- Secondly we ask that units are positioned on flat, firm ground which is as level as possible. Ideally on gravel, tarmac, concrete or hard-standing, we can position units on grass as long as it is not too wet. We don’t want to damage lawns or driveways when man- handling units into their final position, so it’s always worth having a ‘Plan B’ for where to site the units as unfortunately we cannot be liable for any accidental damage caused on site.
- Plastic toilets need to be placed within 30ft/10m of vehicle access to allow them to be emptied upon collection.
4. When & how do I need to pay for my loos & shower hire?
We ask for full payment prior to delivery on all units.
- If you event is more that 2 weeks away we will ask for a 50% deposit, this secures the equipment for you as we have to operate a first come first served system. We will then send you an invoice prior to your event which needs to be settled in full the week prior to your event.
- If your event is less than 2 weeks away we will request the full balance on booking
- Payments can be made by debit or credit card from a live link on the invoice, over the phone or online via BACS. We are unable to accept American Express payments.
- Please note that if your event is cancelled within 30 days of the hire start date, we will be unable to refund your booking.
5. What do I need to provide for the toilets/ showers?
- Single plastic chemical loos are all self contained and simply need a flat(ish) piece of ground within 10m of vehicle access to position the loos
- All luxury toilet trailers will need a 240v/13amp/2.5kva power supply via mains electricity or a generator. We will provide all leads and connections which are PAT tested as standard. For electricians amongst you, the luxury trailer units produces a max 12.8amp draw
- Showers are a little more high maintenance, they will require a constant water supply at good pressure, a power supply as above and we will need somewhere to run the dirty shower water off to. This can be a hedge or a drain for instance. Please see our shower page for more detail or ask the team on 0845 123 2901 if you have any doubts.
6. What happens if there is a problem during my event?
All of our units are very new and we do really look after them which makes them very reliable, but for peace of mind we provide a 24 hour hotline for our customers to call if there is ever any problems during the event.
We will always try and solve any problems initially over the phone (sometimes it might be simply a case of forgetting to turn on the power!), and if that fails then we will send out a technician to quickly and discreetly remedy the problem. You are not charged for this service, however if our technician is called out without due cause then a call-out charge may be payable
7. Are the toilets and showers insured?
LOOS FOR DOs is insured for Public & Employee Liability, however it is the Hirer’s responsibility to insure the unit(s) against loss or damage during the hire period. It is worth checking to see if you are covered by your household/event insurance policy. Alternatively, independent event insurance should be considered.